The redesigned modular power infrastructure solution provides a lower acquisition cost, faster time to deployment, and superior monitoring, controls, and analytics software versus a conventional data center electrical room. The company will showcase its new modular power solutions at DCD New York at booth #21.
Rated from 240 kW to 960 kW, the new PowerHouse products integrate all critical physical infrastructure components into a purpose built enclosure. Components can include
PowerHouse benefits include:
- Lower Capital Cost - PowerHouse lowers overall electrical infrastructure capital expenses by as much as 25 percent versus a conventional build1 due to its optimized design, factory construction, integration, and testing prior to deployment. This approach lowers overall project expenses by reducing costs associated with field wiring, site preparation, and project management. In addition, the system's compact size and robust enclosure provide greater deployment flexibility and allow operators to reduce the size and cost of their land and building.
- Rapid Deployment - A virtually off the shelf product ready in as little as 10 weeks from order, PowerHouse is already designed, engineered, and tested and can be built in parallel with customer site preparation. As a result, the system can be up and operating 60 percent faster2 than a conventional brick-and-mortar deployment -- reducing total time from more than a year to 30 weeks or fewer.
- Superior Management and Control - Real time analytics and system controls are available via the Smart Display, a brilliant full color touchscreen user interface. The software ties together all critical elements of PowerHouse and provides a single unified perspective of the entire system. PowerHouse OS, built on the best-in-class IO.OS platform from IO, takes this critical data and provides historical reporting capability, trending, and useful analytical tools.
- Highly Efficient - PowerHouse features
Active Power'sCleanSource UPS or next generation CleanSource High Density UPS. At up to 98 percent efficient, these products are the ideal UPS foundation product for the newly redesigned PowerHouse. Their wide ambient temperature operating range and battery-free design further reduces cooling losses for PowerHouse.
- Flexible and Highly Scalable - Customers have the ability to mix and match UPS and generator sizes to tailor to specific applications. Systems can be combined to achieve higher power capacity and/or Uptime Institute Tier II-IV availability.
"We set out to dramatically enhance the value and technical differentiation of PowerHouse and enable customers to better manage the infrastructure supporting their data center power requirements," said
PowerHouse will be available for shipment in
To schedule a meeting at show, please call
For Press and Analysts
To schedule an appointment at show with
Founded in 1992,
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Any forward-looking statements and all other statements that may be made in this news release that are not historical facts are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially. Specific risks include delays in new product development, product performance and quality issues and the acceptance of our current and new products by the power quality market. Please refer to
1 Up to 25% savings in capital expenditures based on total installed cost of
2 This figure is based on approximate duration of time to deploy modular infrastructure and modified to focus on build out of a conventional brick and mortar data center electrical room comparison. Data provided by a